Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Children Stories: My Little Bundle Of Joy.


             I remember  it like it happened yesterday, Despite the fact that my little princess is over 13 years old now. As soon as , my significant other said: "Honey, i believe it's time." It was around 7a.m. in the morning, and i was brushing my teeth, i leaped out of the bathroom and put on my clothes so quickly that i didn't realize that i buttoned my shirt unevenly with one side dangling lower than the other. I called the doctor and informed him to meet us at the hospital, helped my wife to the car and began zooming in and out of traffic trying to get to the hospital as fast as i could. We ended up being there in approximately 25 minutes, just a tad more than half the time it normally takes to get there.

            My wife was rushed to the delivery room with me by her side trying to comfort her. A little over an hour or so of struggle for my wife and everyone else in the room my baby girl was delivered. The nursing staff, and the doctor made certain everything was ok with  her, she was cleaned up, and one of the nurses handed her to me saying:" Here is your bundle of joy dad, congratulations, you've got a healthy baby girl." The words couldn't describe the way i felt at that moment. I became overwhelmed with joy as i felt like i was holding the whole wide world in my arms. At that time i thought of what my father used to say to me all the time when i was a youngster myself, whenever i asked how much he loved me. He always responded by saying:" I love you more than anything in the entire world, and you will know  what i mean precisely once you become a father yourself."

            My life has changed dramatically ever since my daughter came into this world, as i became a more careful driver, stayed out of trouble, worked harder than ever before, realizing that i need to be there for her. Like i pointed out previously, she is a little in excess of 13 now, and i had a son Three years after she was born. I pray to The almighty everyday to keep them safe and healthy for me as they are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment